Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Ugly Truth Behind Reality TV


I was having a conversation with several clients and the topic of reality TV came up. As we were talking I had this revelation: That many of the women portrayed in these shows are miserable and unhappy. Think about it, in the most popular ones that cast black women, really look at these women. Nice clothes, nice cars, nice houses, makeup on point (well for some) and that’s it. What else do they have?

Many of the women on the reality TV shows mask their pain behind expensive material goods and pounds of make up. So I say to my young impressionable girls/ladies that watch these shows and are enamored with what they see, “Is that really the life you want for yourself?” “Do you really just want a bunch of overpriced goods to flaunt while feeling empty on the inside?”

I say to you young ladies (girls) that a person with a lot of money that has no one that truly loves them or cares about them in their life is miserable. Money can by temporary happiness. But it can’t buy love. I’m saddened by how so many of our young black girls aspire for nothing more than a sexy body, lots of money and expensive clothes, shoes, and cars.

Ladies you are beautiful as you were created. Stop killing yourselves to be something/ someone you are not. The women you see on TV cry every night before bed, drink to mask the hurt or do some type of drugs to numb the pain. Hence the reason for a full face of makeup every time you see them on camera or off. They are hiding the face of insecurities, pain, mistrust and lack of love and true friendships.

Love who you are naturally. Think for a moment what do you truly have a passion for doing. Something that is so near and dear to you that you could do it for free. That’s your passion, work towards obtaining that and being the best you, you can be. Look in the mirror and say: “I am powerful, I am smart, I am beautiful and I am a queen. I will accomplish any and every thing I put my mind to. Today I will be a better woman than I was yesterday because I love me and he (most high) made me Phenomenal!”

Stop settling for less than. Stop being a clone. Stand up and Stand out. Be different, be unique, be YOU! Love the skin you are in. Be proud of yourself. Your past is just that YOUR past. It does not have to be an excuse for your future. We all have made mistakes and made bad decisions. From this day forward make better decisions, make choices to become the best woman you can be. When you know better you do better. Trust me no one has a squeaky clean background. Just make steps in the right direction, do something you love and have a passion for and be great at it.

I felt like someone needed to hear this and read some positive words of inspiration and encouragement. I pray that these words falls upon the ears and eyes of a young girl/lady that is doubt of herself, a young lady who feels unworthy or undeserving. You are confident, you are strong, you deserve the best and nothing less. Smile because you love yourself enough. If not I have love for you and I believe in you. I know I don’t know you and you don’t know me, but I know your story and it does get better.


Peace and blessings my beautiful black queens!


No comments:

Post a Comment